20:55 ST
[EVENT] Professor Sprocket's Highly Immersive Videographical Edutainment Chamber (June 2 - June 16)

The flyers just appeared one day, pinned to just about every rock, lamp, fence, and house in town. The sheer number makes them nearly impossible to ignore; to the point where even those Mycenians who see such postings as little more than glorified junk mail can’t help but read the message scrawled across them.

ꜱᴇᴇᴋɪɴɢ ʙᴇᴛᴀ ᴛᴇꜱᴛᴇʀꜱ
Do YOU want to help make history? 
Of course you do! 

The illustrious, world-renowned Professor Sprocket is looking for beta testers for his newest invention! Immerse yourself in an illusory world of wonderous splendor! Square up against vicious monsters! Spell your way to victory!**

Interested parties should inquire at Professor Sprocket's workshop; any time--night or day!

Then, in miniscule print below:

** The ability to spell words of varying lengths and difficulties is required for participation; illiterate Mycenians need not apply. Of course, they probably wouldn’t be able to read this flyer then, would they? If you are currently reading this out loud to one such individual, perhaps now is a good time to change the subject and instead enroll your child/friend/partner in some sort of remedial class or something. Knowledge is power, after all!

Though you’re a bit wary of anything that springs from the mind of Professor Sprocket, you have heard that he’s been working to turn over a new leaf. Perhaps it’s worth checking out this new project of his, even if just to support him in his reformation from kooky over-the-top technically-a-bad-guy to weird-but-basically-harmless neighborhood inventor.

This event will begin on June 2nd at noon ST!
You can find event details on the Town Square page!

. . .

UPDATE — June 2nd;

You arrive to Professor Sprocket’s workshop bright and early, excited to begin testing this ‘game’ of his. He greets you excitedly and leads you inside, where you finally see the large machine at the back of the room uncovered and glowing brightly. It looks… complicated, to say the least; covered in all sorts of panels and dials and levers, with numerous cords hanging down to a platform at its center.

“Ain’t she a beaut?” He says proudly, interpreting your silence as obvious admiration. “This’s just a prototype, of course. Once it’s ready for full-scale production, it’ll be much bigger–both inside and out.”

You’re not entirely sure what that means. Just how big does this machine need to be? It’s supposedly some sort of educational game, right? Maybe he means that it needs to be able to host more players at once..?

“Now: instructions.” He interrupts your thoughts, hastily fitting you with a strange headset before leading you to the platform. “Explore around, collect letters, throw ‘em at your fellow beta testers, and just generally test out how everythin’ works. I’ll be out here keepin’ an eye on all the sciency stuff–I won’t bore ya with the details. Might be a bit trippy at first, but y’should settle in quickly enough. If y’find somethin’ that’s broken or don’t seem to be workin’ right, just say so; I’ll be able to see an’ hear ya the whole time. Any questions?”

You have a few, but before you can form the words to actually ask something coherent, he’s reaching for one of the loose-hanging cables. You can see him doing something with it–presumably attaching it to your headset–but your vision quickly begins to stretch and distort and pixelate; it’s disorienting and dizzying, almost enough to make you sick.You reach out towards Sprocket for help–

But your fingers brush against the rough, cool surface of a stone. You blink, and your vision seems to have righted itself. Before you lies a dirt road leading onward into a vast landscape, bright and otherworldly. A soft, upbeat tune seems to carry on the breeze, and looking down, you don’t see yourself, but the avatar you specified to Professor Sprocket earlier in the week. Everything feels so real–you’re impressed that Professor Sprocket managed to put something genuinely good together.

Starting your way down the road, you gaze about in wonder at every little thing. There’s the scent of flowers in the air, and the distant sound of ocean waves crashing against the shore. Dark, distant shapes flutter through the sky, and upon closer inspection, they appear to be dragons of some sort. There’s so much around you; you’re not sure where to start.

“Oh,” comes Sprocket’s voice, echoing from above like some sort of omniscient God. “Should’ve mentioned, I’m still workin’ out some’ve the kinks, so y’might run into some glitches… One’ve the more puzzlin’ problems I’ve been havin’ is that I can’t seem t’ get folks disconnected once they’re in.”

He lets out a bit of a forced laugh; you can just imagine the dismissive wave of his paw that goes along with it. “I’ll get it figured out; just hope y’all didn’t have anywhere else to be, is all. Have fun; I’ll check in later!”

Posted May 27, edited Jun 3
Sounds interesting! This event looks like it will be a lot of fun.
Posted May 27
I’m super excited for this event! I also always love when Prof. Sprocket and Aliza show up! (I do love my Sprocket and Aliza lore XD)
Posted May 27

You arrive to Professor Sprocket’s workshop bright and early, excited to begin testing this ‘game’ of his. He greets you excitedly and leads you inside, where you finally see the large machine at the back of the room uncovered and glowing brightly. It looks… complicated, to say the least; covered in all sorts of panels and dials and levers, with numerous cords hanging down to a platform at its center.

“Ain’t she a beaut?” He says proudly, interpreting your silence as obvious admiration. “This’s just a prototype, of course. Once it’s ready for full-scale production, it’ll be much bigger–both inside and out.”

You’re not entirely sure what that means. Just how big does this machine need to be? It’s supposedly some sort of educational game, right? Maybe he means that it needs to be able to host more players at once..?

“Now: instructions.” He interrupts your thoughts, hastily fitting you with a strange headset before leading you to the platform. “Explore around, collect letters, throw ‘em at your fellow beta testers, and just generally test out how everythin’ works. I’ll be out here keepin’ an eye on all the sciency stuff–I won’t bore ya with the details. Might be a bit trippy at first, but y’should settle in quickly enough. If y’find somethin’ that’s broken or don’t seem to be workin’ right, just say so; I’ll be able to see an’ hear ya the whole time. Any questions?”

You have a few, but before you can form the words to actually ask something coherent, he’s reaching for one of the loose-hanging cables. You can see him doing something with it–presumably attaching it to your headset–but your vision quickly begins to stretch and distort and pixelate; it’s disorienting and dizzying, almost enough to make you sick.You reach out towards Sprocket for help–

But your fingers brush against the rough, cool surface of a stone. You blink, and your vision seems to have righted itself. Before you lies a dirt road leading onward into a vast landscape, bright and otherworldly. A soft, upbeat tune seems to carry on the breeze, and looking down, you don’t see yourself, but the avatar you specified to Professor Sprocket earlier in the week. Everything feels so real–you’re impressed that Professor Sprocket managed to put something genuinely good together.

Starting your way down the road, you gaze about in wonder at every little thing. There’s the scent of flowers in the air, and the distant sound of ocean waves crashing against the shore. Dark, distant shapes flutter through the sky, and upon closer inspection, they appear to be dragons of some sort. There’s so much around you; you’re not sure where to start.

“Oh,” comes Sprocket’s voice, echoing from above like some sort of omniscient God. “Should’ve mentioned, I’m still workin’ out some’ve the kinks, so y’might run into some glitches… One’ve the more puzzlin’ problems I’ve been havin’ is that I can’t seem t’ get folks disconnected once they’re in.”

He lets out a bit of a forced laugh; you can just imagine the dismissive wave of his paw that goes along with it. “I’ll get it figured out; just hope y’all didn’t have anywhere else to be, is all. Have fun; I’ll check in later!”

Posted Jun 2, edited Jun 2

CrowI’m always delighted with a DING!  event, and have collected some of the tiles.  Let me drag out some vintage glasses. and peer. at them.  Ah… erm… no luck.  I remember we had another. event where we could turn off the artwork for the letters so we could. see them/read them.  I tried looking for a toggle,  but haven’t found one. 

Do we have a toggle. on/off for the letter tile artwork?  And if so, where do I find it please?  So far I really enjoy the event.  Clicking on the lil energy bursts delights. me =) 

Posted Jun 2
OregonCoast The “show letter overlay” is a checkbox you can enable on the event page right above the “enable bell” checkbox!
Posted Jun 2
Myla  Thank you!!
Posted Jun 2
Ooh! Event Event Event!! ^3^
Posted Jun 2

I think the link to start the event is missing from the town square. Luckily I found someone linked it in this thread. (Thanks, Myla!)

It just says “Check back on June 2nd!” still

Posted Jun 3, edited Jun 3
Umbra Thanks for letting us know; I just pushed an update to the Town Square page! Also, a quick way to get to the main event is to click the link in the blue banner (The one that says “The Professor Sprocket’s H.I.V.E. Chamber event is happening)!
Posted Jun 3, edited Jun 3
hahah I got some spinning shells from an random encounter. And oh.my.glob. that street fighter wig!! :o
Posted Jun 4

Is there a way to submit words that you think should be in the dictionary for these events? Sorry if there is a board up, but I can’t seem to find it!

Also, I’ve managed to sneak a set of green spinning shells as well :) If anyone would like them, I’d be happy to send a gift over~

Posted Jun 4
Tsar Nicky we have a feedback survey at the end in which we will ask for dictionary addition suggestions! We always expand the dictionary using some of these suggestions before the next word event :D
Posted Jun 6
Thanks Myla! I knew there was some way to submit but totally slipped my mind that it would be in the feedback survey. I’ll start keeping a list! Mostly just plurals to words, so it’s nothing urgent but I like to use up letters when I can :P
Posted Jun 6

“Odin” is not an accepted word for this activity :(

I mean, I had to try lol

Posted Jun 10, edited Jun 10
So, uh, am I the only one who has the Serene Quiet image broken on the Boss Monsters page? Loving the event so far, it’s been fun as always!
Posted Jun 13

Dracogryph Nope! I see it broken too. I forgot to post about it when I noticed, whoops, so I’m glad someone did.

btw
I love Bug!
Great coat. I really liked the challenge of the boss word lists this time around. I had pedipalp sitting and waiting for an L for what felt like forever. still do It felt a like a race at the end haha

Edit: Bug report! I went into the boss shop to buy an upright Bug because I chose an active for the prize, but it’s only showing active as available for me in the dropdown.

Posted Jun 13, edited Jun 13

rausDracogryph

Glitch just fixed the broken image and the Buggy Bug dropdown (:‘D), thanks for the heads up!!

Posted Jun 13

Thanks Myla and glitch! <3

Hah the image is worth going back to :P

Posted Jun 13

man and now I feel super rdcolously stupdi  

ben having some super busy and stressful weeks so did just skimme very cursory trough the event   infos massive wall of test, I was sure that it was one of the events that are ‘’ just for artists’’  and not one of the ‘’ button-gather-stuff’’ events and that it would all be scifi based so I 100% ignored the event up until i could se that it had ended where i first then noticed the ‘’ big button to collect items ‘’ part * facepalms at my own brains idiocy*

( also sorry for any lack of i’s, n’s and k’s in my writing my laptops keyboard has started to give up o those three buttons so lterally has to smack thm to make them work. )

Is there any where to see what I missed ut on reward wise?

Posted Jun 16, edited Jun 16
Quick question, is there a way to see the list of accepted words for this activity? I figure it’s probably the same as other similar events, I’m just trying to glom together my remaining letters for… something lol
Posted Jun 16

Small Announcement: Since there seems to have been some confusion about the end time for the forum event, we’re going to go ahead and extend entries for the forum event (and only the forum event) until 23:59 ST tonight. Go ahead and throw me a ping if you have any questions!

TeaTales If you check out the Prize Counter link in the top banner, and click on one of the coins it will open up a drop down with pictures of each of the event items and mushrooms. Mushrooms/items can be previewed in the magic puddle once you have the names :D

I’m not entirely sure if the prize counter link will open if you didn’t accept the terms and conditions at the start of the event. If it won’t open for you, you can also search them by going to Help > Items and sorting items by Release Date (Reverse). The event items are everything listed just after the AroAce items released for pride.

Posted Jun 16, edited Jun 16
@dash am confused about which banner it is youre talking about, but i guess i will do reverse search as i did finally find and see the terms of servic eand ‘big button for finding LETTERS’  (Man i hate my braindmg sometimes and the lack of focus i get when watching masses of text )  ut that must b afte rive slept as i shoud have gone to bed 4½ hours ago ^^;;;  but thanks
Posted Jun 17